2014 was a busy year for Dominion; full of awards, software releases, and some new endeavors. Looking back on 2014 we are proud of the accomplishments we made, and look forward to the continued progress throughout the new year. Lets take a look back at the year behind us.
To kick off January, we began hosting our first of many webinars. Since then, we have hosted over a dozen educational webinars and live software demos. Haven’t been to one? You can get caught up here.
In March, we were named one of 50 companies to watch in Michigan. This award was presented to us by Michigan Celebrates Small Business, an annual awards program that recognizes the importance that successful small businesses bring to Michigan’s economy.
During the month of May we released a our new Employee Self Service (ESS) portal. The software was built using the Agile Process in order to ensure a flexible foundation and ease of user experience improvements down the line.
Some of the updates to the software included:
- Profile Page - The ‘Profile’ page now contains the employee’s contact info, list of dependents, and list of their emergency contacts.
- Account Settings Page - This page contains the user login information.
- Dynamic Field Formatting - For data validation, it ensures that all data entered into fields is accurately entered.
July was by far one of our more exciting months; we were able to release Benefits Administration. The addition of this new software was born from the need for a software solution to handle employee benefit selections. The software allowed company administrators to handle open enrollment digitally rather than the traditional paper method.
Some of the employee features were:
- Open Enrollment - Selection of benefits for the plan year
- Plans & Providers - Store benefit plan information including name, description, vendor, and any plan attachments. Employees can also create coverage options with various costs.
- Life Events - Submit a life event and request a change in your benefit plan.
September and October brought two new releases to the Benefits Administration software. Allowing for employees to total up their benefit selections in a ‘shopping cart’ before confirming their choices. Also, this introduced the emailing feature where employees who submit a life event request will automatically have that request emailed to the appropriate party. You can learn all about the new features here.
The month of November brought changes to our Leave Management software. By incorporating a dashboard-like feature that highlights employees time off, we were able to increase the usability of the software and make it more visually stimulating.
To wrap up the year we are working on enhancing our Applicant Tracking System (ATS). In the coming months we will be updating and adding new features. The new ATS will include a redesigned user interface, a brand new analytics feature, and onboarding.
Whether you’re using Dominion for all your back office needs, or simply to process payroll, we want to thank you for your continued support. We look forward to another year together and to continue to release great software.